Thursday, November 6, 2014

Listen Live Radio over the phone

In the last post, I talked about ACB radio, a radio service from The American Council for the Blind, that provides streaming radio stations specificly catered to the blind and Visually impaired. I also mentioned that you could listen by calling a number on your phone. The service provides this using a product called Audio Now.

From what I have been able to gather, Audio Now is a concept in which live streams are provided that are connected somehow to a line that can be accessed over the phone. I can't seem to find a working web site, but I have found data that suggests that this concept has been applied to other radio streaming services. This technology isn't known widely so far, but hopefully that will change.

No comments:

Post a Comment