Monday, November 10, 2014

Classic Broadcasts

What would it be like to listen to old time news and sports broadcasts? I was on www.otr.net, and I came across a collection of old news reports and actual recordings of classic sporting events. The broadcasts on www.otr.net are in real format, which you can play by downloading the free real player at www.real.com.

I discovered that on the other sites I mentioned regarding old time radio, a collection of actual breaking news and other reports from world war 2. World war 2 was one of my favorite times in history to study, and it was a golden opportunity to hear Churchhill and FDR for myself. These other sites use mp3 formats just like the old time radio shows. I, like most of you, reading this am a sports fan, and I enjoyed the ability to hear the Yankees and the Tigers back in the 1940's. If you watch the news or listen to sports, you will like this collection of classic media.

1 comment:

  1. This stuff would be great played at nursing homes and such where people can go back and relive their good times in life.

    ReplyDelete